Thursday, August 26, 2010

Today's Breakfast: Here's to you Muffin Man. When you saw that the government still hadn't responded to us in Mississippi with any relief at all, you jumped in your RV, drove it to the grocery store, filled it up with muffins, coffee, juice, water and other goodies, then drove hours and hours from Florida to the parking lot of what had been the grocery store in Long Beach, MS.


After standing on the blistering pavement for the seond day in a row, I saw you. Your table was like something out of a fairytale. I thought you would snatch me and cook me in an oven, but no, you gave me muffins and coffee. You told me you were staying until you ran out of food. God bless you that is exactly what you did.

I will never forget you muffin man and all of the beautiful people just like him who immediately took action to help us.

Note: My pet peeve of the day, every year I should say, is that we were already dead and dying here on the Mississippi Coast when the levees broke AFTER the storm.
Where were you U.S. Government? Why didn't you come?

1 comment:

  1. The rest of us outside that area were wondering the same damn thing. People who flew their military aircraft in to do rescues, were grounded and written up, or so we heard. Many active duty folk also felt that ground response teams were slower than molasses in January.

    ReplyDelete