Saturday, August 28, 2010

Bitching Elvis Gets All the Love

Ingredients: Toast, Grits, Bacon, Blackberry, Strawberry, Donut
 
 

Today's Breakfast: God has a strange sense of humor. After Katrina, there were several "cities" made of tents where some of the homeless could live. One day, I searched for the tent city in Pass Christian to deliver supplies sent to me from some awesome ladies in Illinois. I stopped at a supply tent to ask for directions. Only in Mississippi, after a major disaster, would you find what I did that muggy day, Elvis bitching about FEMA. Elvis, with unkempt sideburns, passing out water and degrading FEMA with every cuss word known to man. As surreal as the whole Katrina experience was, this one took the cake. So here's to you, Bitching Elvis.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. That would be surreal, and yet memorable. I would have been right there with him cussing a blue streak myself.

    ReplyDelete